WADDESDON MANOR, AYLESBURY
Waddesdon Manor was built between 1874 and 1889 for Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild as a weekend residence for grand entertaining and as a setting for his collection. House and its contents were bequeathed the to the National Trust and are now managed by the Rothschild Foundation. The private collections of paintings from the 17th and 18th centuries by famous Dutch, Flemish and French artists continue to grow through the patronage of the Rothschild Foundation. Additions include paintings by Chardin, Labille-Guiard, Pannini, Callet and Lajoue, a magnificent silver dinner service made for George III and a collection of Sèvres porcelain sculptures. R[cases] provided on several occasions display cases and museum furniture to the house.